FAQs: Graduate-Level Credit


Q: Can I get continuing education credits for attending the Summer Institute?

A: Yes. The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) will offer up to 3 credits of graduate-level, academic credit that Scholars can earn through participation in the institute.

Credit will be through a selected Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) course, ENGL 5341 English Education in the Borderlands, which is offered by the English Education Program in the Department of English at UTEP during Summer II.

More information about signing up for academic credit will be provided upon acceptance to the Institute.


Q: I still have a question that wasn’t answered here. Whom do I contact?

A: R. Joseph Rodríguez and Ignacio Martínez, our Institute program co-directors, would be pleased to answer any additional inquiries. Please send them to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..